Monday, April 8, 2013

Avatars of the Diasporic Plateau (Inventory Update)_Incomplete




Update on the design of the radio tower to have more visual connection and to some extent physical connection with the ground. The structure has 3 legs which are attached to the side of the flanking high rise buildings. Each legs has a triangular base that are coming down toward the crosswalk. On all the 3 legs are satellite dishes, TV antenna and cell phone antenna.

Also the "dome" here is now flatten and now have characteristics similar to the existing billboards which are flat.








Scennarios : 4 different types of users activating the site.

For the scenario part, I think it's better to go with portrait orientation because there are two scales in which the users and the the design can be activated. 1. From the ground with all the street furniture and the wifi antenna 2. The Satellite dishes on the radio tower communicating with all the screens. Therefore, the verticality of the design is more important to the whole narrative.

The way in which I planned to show the scenarios is that this Scenario ISO drawing will serve as the main key map that depict the overall of what is happening but will lead to more detail scenarios by using perspective renderings in a comic like layout. So the audience can follow the whole story base on this overall picture and see more details on the comic book which will describe in details how the space is activated.




Section Drawing 




In terms of Design process : There are two more views left to make a complete dome. Then, I will start creating depth for these billboards which I'm still not sure how I would go on about justifying the depths for these billboards, should I be the same or varying. Most likely I think it will be varying according to the size of it for example, still not quiet sure how to play around the notion of depth and billboard. Maybe the "depth" is associate with what are these billboards are projecting. So the question is on the actual content of the media not the physicality of the billboards themselves. 

After finding the solution to the depth of these billboards then I will start making the structure for it. Then, I will create a system of incompleteness to the whole thing. In other words, to corrupt it again since it will be a very complete dome once I'm done with the 2 views, then I start to make some gabs to make these composed image only become a full complete image only in certain times of year. So that the project could be more dynamic.










This is an incomplete version of the Inventory day, I will come back to update more once I'm done with my military conscription tomorrow. My apology for the inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment